Liston, Dr. Adrian
- Title: Dr.
- First name: Adrian
- Surname: Liston
- Position: Ph.D., Professor Pathology at Cambridge University. (Cambridge, UK)
Adrian Liston is Professor Pathology at University of Cambridge. His PhD research was on T cell tolerance and diabetes with Professor Chris Goodnow at the Australian National University, followed by post-doctoral research on regulatory T cell biology with Professor Sasha Rudensky at the University of Washington. From 2009-2018, Liston ran his independent laboratory and founded two core facilities, on flow cytometry and CrispR, at the VIB and the University of Leuven, in Belgium. In 2019, Liston relocated his research team to the Babraham Institute, in Cambridge, UK.
The Liston laboratory currently works on understanding the interaction between the immune system and the tissues, in particular the brain. The laboratory has previously worked on autoimmune genetics, diabetes, primary immunodeficiencies, the thymus and regulatory T cells. Adrian Liston has been awarded the Francqui Chair, Eppendorf prize and three ERC grants, among other honours.
Adrian Liston has published more than 160 scientific papers, with over 9000 citations, including key publications in the fields of:
- thymus biology (Liston et al, Nature Immunology 2003; Liston et al, JEM 2004; Papadopoulou et al, Nature Immunology 2012)
- diabetes (Liston et al, Immunity 2004; Nature Genetics 2016)
- immunodeficiency-autoimmunity (Siggs et al, Immunity 2007; Liston et al, Nature Reviews Immunology 2008)
- human immunology (Carr et al, Nature Immunology 2016; Masters et al, Science Translational Medicine 2016)
- regulatory T cell biology (Liston et al, JEM 2008; Linterman et al, Nature Medicine 2011; Pierson et al, Nature Immunology 2013; Liston and Gray, Nature Reviews Immunology 2014)
- neuroimmunology (Pasciuto et al, Cell 2020)
For a complete list of laboratory publications, click here.
- Hits: 400