Ref : 2021/02/IDTRA
Imcyse is a clinical-stage biotech company pioneering the development of a new class of active, specific immunotherapeutics known as ImotopesTM. Imcyse’s innovative technology platform is based on the discovery of modified synthetic peptides that induce specific CD4 T-cells able to eliminate the pathogenic immune cells causing autoimmune diseases. Imcyse’s ImotopesTM hold the promise to cure patients suffering from severe chronic autoimmune diseases for which there is no adequate therapeutic alternative. Currently, a phase 2 clinical study is ongoing in type-1 diabetes and we are reaching completion of pre-clinical development in multiple sclerosis while projects in several other autoimmune diseases are at an earlier stage of development. We are a highly dynamic world-class team dedicated to utilizing our unique ImotopeTM technology platform to improve the lives of patients suffering from these debilitating diseases.
For its development Imcyse is looking for an:
Imotope Development Research Associate (M/F)
The Imotope Development Research Associate will play a significant role in the development of the company’s immunotherapeutics.
Under the supervision of the group leader, he/she will be responsible for the good quality running of IDT activities by integrating cutting-edge technologies such as micro-wave peptide synthesis or HPLC-UPLC purification and analysis. Furthermore, to comply with high standards required in Biopharma field, he/she will strictly respect procedures and protocols with, in mind, a constant improvement of the quality system in place.
He/she will join the Imotope Development Team and will be involved in the development, validation and running of QC analytical assays required for the release of internal peptide productions, but also of GMP batches produced externally by CRO’s.
- Is in charge of LC-MS methods development.
- Is responsible for developing, validating and transferring analytical assays (ICH Q2; USP 1224, 1225, 1226).
- Is responsible for running stability studies (ICH Q1A, Q1B, Q1C, Q1D, Q1E, Q1F)
- Is accountable for generated results.
- Performs laboratory experiments following the protocols and SOP’s.
- Anticipates the company’s needs and constantly searching for new equipment, methods, and solutions.
- Provides his/her input in drug formulation challenges.
- Records the data on the appropriate media (lab book, study reports, company’s server) in line with company policies.
- Maintains the safe and clean working environment.
- Reports to the Imotope Development Group Leader.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Medical Biology with a minimum of 6 years of experience or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Medical Biology with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Working experience in Quality Control (QC) laboratory.
- Strong experience in (U)HPLC-MS.
- Ability to perform SDS-PAGE and Western Blot (WB).
- First experience in Drug Product (DP) formulation.
- First experience in DLS/SLS techniques.
- Strong affinity towards analytical sciences and willingness to learn.
- French and English verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to work independently, respond to changing priorities and short lead times for multiple tasks; able to identify problems and work toward solutions.
This position contributes to and supports the company’s research and development efforts to create high value therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
We offer a permanent position in an innovating and dynamic company located near Liège and an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential and will be used in the strict context of this recruitment, in line with GDPR.