Ref : CB-RA
Imcyse is a clinical-stage biotech company pioneering the development of a new class of active, specific immunotherapeutics known as ImotopesTM. Imcyse’s innovative technology platform is based on the discovery of modified synthetic peptides that induce specific CD4 T-cells able to eliminate the pathogenic immune cells causing autoimmune diseases. Imcyse’s ImotopesTM hold the promise to cure patients suffering from severe chronic autoimmune diseases for which there is no adequate therapeutic alternative. Currently, a phase 2 clinical study is ongoing in type-1 diabetes and we are reaching completion of pre-clinical development in multiple sclerosis while projects in several other autoimmune diseases are at an earlier stage of development. We are a highly dynamic world-class team dedicated to utilizing our unique ImotopeTM technology platform to improve the lives of patients suffering from these debilitating diseases.
For its development Imcyse is looking for an:
Cell Biology Research Associate (M/F)
The Cell Biology Research Associate will play a significant role in the development of the company’s immunotherapeutics.
He/she will be responsible for the good quality running of immunology experiments involving Cell Culture, FACS analysis, ELISA and other cutting-edge technologies.
He/she will join the Cell Biology Team and will be in charge of the design and realization of experimental protocols for different projects.
- Executes Cell Biology Team R&D programs, laboratory experiments: cell culture, immunology read-outs, cytometry.
- Conducts experiments in order to produce reliable and precise data required by his/her Group Leader for the different R&D programs.
- He/she is responsible for the quality of his/her results in terms of reliability, timing and reporting in line with company policies.
- Collaborates to the development and improvement of his/her team methods and writes SOP’s and reports.
- Participates to the general functioning of the lab: ordering and maintaining stocks and resources.
- Reports to the Cell Biology Group Leader.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the life sciences (3 or more years of relevant R&D lab experience is an advantage).
- Previous cell culture experience: handling and propagation of mice and/or human primary cells, including T cells.
- Mastering of immunology R&D techniques such as FACS & ELISA.
- Immunotherapeutic products development experience is an advantage.
- Strong team spirit with ability to work autonomously
- Able to respond to changing priorities with short lead times in a multi-tasks environment and to identify problems and work toward solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required (French and English).
- Must be goal-oriented, quality-conscientious and organized.
This position contributes to and supports the company’s research and development efforts to create high value therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
We offer a permanent position in an innovating and dynamic company located near Liège and an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential and will be used in the strict context of this recruitment, in line with GDPR.