Ref : IV-RA
Imcyse is a clinical-stage biotech company pioneering the development of a new class of active, specific immunotherapeutics known as ImotopesTM. Imcyse’s innovative technology platform is based on the discovery of modified synthetic peptides that induce specific CD4 T-cells able to eliminate the pathogenic immune cells causing autoimmune diseases. Imcyse’s ImotopesTM hold the promise to cure patients suffering from severe chronic autoimmune diseases for which there is no adequate therapeutic alternative. Currently, a phase 2 clinical study is ongoing in type-1 diabetes and we are reaching completion of pre-clinical development in multiple sclerosis while projects in several other autoimmune diseases are at an earlier stage of development. We are a highly dynamic world-class team dedicated to utilizing our unique ImotopeTM technology platform to improve the lives of patients suffering from these debilitating diseases.
For its development Imcyse is looking for an:
In vivo Research Associate (M/F)
The In vivo Research Associate will play a significant role in the development of the company’s immunotherapeutics.
He/she will be responsible for the good quality running of in vivo experiments involving animal (rodents) handling and procedures, ex vivo Cell culture, Histological analysis, ELISA and other cutting-edge technologies like flow cytometry.
He/she will join the In vivo Team and will be involved in the design and realization of study protocols for different projects.
- Conducts animal experiments and in vitro assays in order to produce reliable and accurate data required for the different preclinical R&D projects.
- Actively participates in compliance with procedures and accurate recording results in line with company policies.
- Collaborates to development and improvement of in vivo team methods, writing technical instructions.
- Participates to the general functioning of the lab: ordering and maintaining stock and resources.
- Takes part in training or conference in order to comply with the legal obligation of lifelong learning for in vivo research associates.
- Reports to the In vivo Group Leader.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in life sciences with 3 or more years of relevant R&D lab experience in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology or academic environment.
- Animal handling experience: FELASA cat. B.
- Cell culture experience: handling and propagation of animal primary cells, including T cells.
- Abilities to collect tissue samples.
- Mastering of Immuno R&D techniques such as FACS & ELISA is an advantage.
- Ability to work independently, respond to changing priorities and short lead times for multiple tasks; able to identify problems and work toward solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Good knowledge of French and English, both oral and written.
- Must be goal-oriented, quality-conscientious and organized.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical development of biotechnology products, aseptic processing, cell culture products is an advantage.
This position contributes to and supports the company’s research and development efforts to create high value therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
We offer a permanent position in an innovating and dynamic company located near Liège and an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential and will be used in the strict context of this recruitment, in line with GDPR.