Ref : 2021/05/BIOINF
Imcyse is a clinical-stage biotech company pioneering the development of a new class of active, specific immunotherapeutics known as ImotopesTM. Imcyse’s innovative technology platform is based on the discovery of modified synthetic peptides that induce specific CD4 T-cells able to eliminate the pathogenic immune cells causing autoimmune diseases. Imcyse’s ImotopesTM hold the promise to cure patients suffering from severe chronic autoimmune diseases for which there is no adequate therapeutic alternative. Currently, a phase 2 clinical study is ongoing in type-1 diabetes and we are reaching completion of pre-clinical development in multiple sclerosis while projects in several other autoimmune diseases are at an earlier stage of development. We are a highly dynamic world-class team dedicated to utilizing our unique ImotopeTM technology platform to improve the lives of patients suffering from these debilitating diseases.
For its development Imcyse is looking for an:
The fast-growing company is building a new group – Biomarkers and Translational Medicine - in its R&D department for which we are looking for a bioinformatician, a key position offering many challenges and professional achievements.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PROFILE
- will be involved in the systematic preparation, analysis and interpretation of complex high dimensional biological OMICS data (NGS, ATAC-seq, etc) with a focus in immunology related technologies like flow cytometry and single cell sequencing data.
- will be expected to interact with biologists to understand their computational needs and to translate those needs into defined computational problems, which will be solved by writing computer code and scripts in languages like R and Python. These results are then to be consolidated into reports and presentations for use by the researchers. The candidate will use high dimensionality data reduction tools to represent data in meaningful, low dimensions visuals amenable to researchers’ consumption and publication in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- will also be involved in the communication and discussion of these data and reports with peers (other bioinformaticians) and researchers.
- excellent team worker, is expected to be able to easily convey complex bioinformatics and statistical concepts to non-specialists (immunologists) and reversely, understands key notions and concepts of immunology to ensure a fluid and mutually understandable communication.
The position is highly complex and dependable, where data analyses, interpretation and visualization pose significant technical challenges. Thus, the position is best suited to someone with a high level of expertise, creativity and autonomy. The incumbent is genuinely curious and enthusiastic, whose skillset will play a critical role in biomarker discovery as means to accelerate drug development.
- PhD or MSc in computational biology, bioinformatics, mathematics, computational sciences, or biomedical/biological sciences with experience in bioinformatics/computer science field
- Experience with key Next Generation Sequencing tools (BWA, GATK, etc.), mass/flow cytometry, or single-cell data
- Ideally, proficiency in computational approaches centered around understanding single-cell data analysis (high-dimensional flow/mass cytometry, single-cell multi-omics such as RNA-seq, DNA-seq, ATAC-seq, etc.) and combination of data sets (either internal or external)
- Familiarity with relevant public and proprietary databases, resources, methods and tools (UCSC Genome Browser, gnomAD, blood transcriptomic modules, dimensionality reduction, pathway and network methods) is an advantage
- Bckground in AI, machine learning, pattern recognition, data mining and statistics is preferred
- Strong knowledge of fundamental concepts in life sciences, preferably in immunology, and statistics or willingness to learn
- Experience in analyzing data sets related to immunology is a plus
- Experience with cloud environments preferred
- Ability to learn new technologies, willing to accept new challenges
- Initiative, self-driven and critical thinking
- An excellent written and oral command of English is essential.
This position contributes to and supports the company’s research and development efforts to create high value therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
We offer a permanent position in an innovating and dynamic company located near Liège and an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential and will be used in the strict context of this recruitment, in line with GDPR.