Ref : PMO-2021
Job Title: Senior Manager/Director, IMCYSE PMO
Direct Manager: VP, IMCYSE Operations & Finance
Imcyse is a clinical-stage biotech company pioneering the development of a new class of active, specific immunotherapeutics known as ImotopesTM. Imcyse’s ImotopesTM hold the promise to cure patients suffering from severe chronic autoimmune diseases for which there is no adequate therapeutic alternative. We are a highly dynamic world-class team dedicated to utilizing our unique Imotope™ technology platform to improve the lives of patients suffering from these debilitating diseases.
For its development Imcyse is looking for a:
Project Management Officer (PMO) (M/F/X)
Summary of the position:
We are looking for a dedicated individual to join our team as a PMO Senior manager, a newly created position at IMCYSE. Our growth challenges and customer commitments require that we professionalize our Project management capabilities and drive world class reliability in our commitments to deliver on time, on costs.
Therefore, IMCYSE is seeking a talented leader to serve in a key role managing Project Management mindsets, processes and technical tools & systems within the Program Management Office, driving governance and effective program and portfolio reporting across all projects.
The responsibilities of the PMO Manager include managing the day-to-day activities in the PMO, implementing and providing guidance on PMO policies, tools and processes, challenging project management processes and enable change of ways of working and mindsets of teams, and collaborating with all other department leaders to challenge and develop ambitious yet realistic projects and programs.
To be successful as a PMO Manager, you should demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills whilst bringing a strong emotional intelligence and agility in your approach. Ultimately, a top-notch PMO Manager should be well organized and able to work under pressure in a small structure where everyone is expected to be hands on.
The key differentiator will be in his or her ability to constantly improve projects delivery and efficiency (in time and budget) and drive our PM reliability success indicators upwards in line with IMCYSE’s growth.
PMO ManagerKey Responsibilities:
- Develop/ update and be the guardian of world class and best practice planning practices to ensure IMCYSE reaches an unrivaled level of trust and reliability in meeting its corporate objectives.
- Collaborating and challenging other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop strategic project plans into tactical implementation operating plans.
- Work with Project Leaders, Clinical Project Managers and Group Leaders to ensure best practice in their project management and capacity planning, including setting deadlines and prioritizing tasks .
- Challenging the progress and the management of the critical projects and ensuring that risks are highlighted on time, understood and mitigation plans are established.
- Drafting new and improving existing project management office policies and processes in line with company needs and agility of execution.
- Continuously support Dept heads in evaluating and challenging projects to ensure they are meeting company standards, adhering to budgets, managing risks and resources allocation and meeting deadlines.
- Ensuring that Dept heads accurately document the project's creation, development, and execution as well as key milestones documentation and minutes to trace all projects’ history and decision-making process at short notice.
PMO Manager day to day accountabilities:
- Establish and review frameworks and standard tools and processes for Project Management.
- Enable accuracy and timeliness of Projects related financials and KPI information under dept head responsibility & support the consolidation of project costs.
- Help prepare and present cost-benefit analyses to support business case development for new projects.
- Provide and maintain a capacity planning and resource tracking service across the Projects.
- Ensure Updates by Dept and Project Leaders and Clinical Project Managers of the Risk Log, Action Log, Decisions Log, Issue Register and other project documents (eg TTP, investigator brochure, …)
- Review projects financial reporting whilst ensuring that the projects adhere to the corporate financial processes and projection needs.
- Ensure cross-project dependencies are visible and the dependency log is accurately maintained.
- Ensure that Project Management Office process are in line with quality assurance policies.
- Coordinate project closure with Dept and project leaders to distil good practice and ensure lessons learned are logged and improvements implemented for other projects.
- Deputize for the VP operations when required.
- Define and embed project control and governance so that Dept and Project Leaders can deliver on a clear set of practices.
- Provide consolidated Project planning, Milestone management, Scope management, Resource forecasting by working closely with Dept and project leaders.
- Contributes to resolving complex project management and organizational issues within projects, workstreams and initiatives: capacity issues management and escalade prioritization needs (and provide materials to support informed decision)
- Challenges project teams to make sure that team has considered alternative options when appropriate.
- Prepare regular consolidated status reporting to all levels of the business.
- Change Management across the project portfolio: Ensure efficient change control methods and process are established and utilized.
PMO Manager Experience and Profile Requirements:
Target Experience – hard skills:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Administration, Science or a related field.
- Strong project/program management proven experience and excellent time managements skills. Experience of managing the complete lifecycle of more than 3 projects with project teams of 2 to 15 people is required.
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification may be advantageous.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a PM and Support service environment, in a Biotech start-up environment.
- Strong communication skills and ability to structure complex project or processes and communicate effectively to senior stakeholders.
- Fluency in English, excellent knowledge in MS Office
LOCATION AND MOBILITY
- The position will be based in IMCYSE HQ in Liège, Belgium with very limited travels – some remote working will also be possible depending on the public health situation and the project requirements.
- We offer a permanent position in an innovating and dynamic company and an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential and will be used in the strict context of this recruitment, in line with GDPR.