Ref : BTM-RA-2021
Imcyse is a clinical-stage biotech company pioneering the development of a new class of active, specific immunotherapeutics known as Imotopes™. Imcyse’s Imotopes™ hold the promise to cure patients suffering from severe chronic autoimmune diseases for which there is no adequate therapeutic alternative. We are a highly dynamic world-class team dedicated to utilizing our unique Imotope™ technology platform to improve the lives of patients suffering from these debilitating diseases.
For its development Imcyse is looking for a:
Biomarkers and Translational Medicine Research Associate (M/F/X)
The Biomarkers and Translational Medicine Research Associate will play a significant role in the development of the company’s immunotherapeutics.
He/she will be responsible for running specific biomarker identification requiring good knowledge of techniques in different disciplines such as : Molecular Biology; Cell Biology; Immunology and other cutting-edge technologies (single cell RNA sequencing sample preparation).
- Executes Biomarkers and Translational Medicine R&D programs
- Conducts experiments in order to produce reliable and precise data required by his/her Group Leader for the different R&D programs
- He/she is responsible for the quality of his/her results in terms of reliability, timing and reporting in line with company policies
- Collaborates to the development and improvement of his/her team methods and writes SOP’s and reports
- Participates to the general functioning of the lab: ordering and maintaining stocks and resources
- Reports to the Biomarkers and Translational Medicine head
- Master’s degree in the life sciences (3 or more years of relevant R&D lab experience is an advantage)
- FELASA certificate
- Molecular Biology techniques including mRNA extraction, cDNA synthesis and cloning, PCR, mutagenesis, protein expression and purification
- Molecular interaction study techniques: Elisa, Western blot, ligand binding assays
- Previous cell culture experience: handling and propagation of mice and/or human primary cells, including T cells
- In vivo rodent experience
- Strong team spirit with ability to work autonomously
- Able to respond to changing priorities with short lead times in a multi-tasks environment and to identify problems and work toward solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required (French and English)
- Must be goal-oriented, quality-conscientious and organized
- Organized thinking
- Multiplexing technologies
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, proactive attitude and ability to work to deadlines.
- Since Biomarkers and Translational Medicine is a interdisciplinary science, the candidate must be comfortable with or willing to learn a multitude of laboratory procedures and methods spanning both in vivo and vitro activities. Experience in all of the above methods and activities is not mandatory but preferable.
- Quality oriented, problem solver, flexible and team player
- Excellent communication skills and are fluent in English (written and spoken)
This position contributes to and supports the company’s research and development efforts to create high value therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
We offer a permanent position in an innovating and dynamic company located near Liège and an attractive salary package in line with the position responsibilities and your experience.
Your application and related information will remain strictly confidential and will be used in the strict context of this recruitment, in line with GDPR.